Two-Year Graduate Program
Applying to the Two-Year Graduate Program
The application filing period is open in the fall (September – early December) for admission to the next academic year.
This application checklist is for the 2018-19 application, which will open September 28, 2017 and will close on December 1, 2017.
These Required Exams may either be mailed in or uploaded in Supporting Documents Upload:
If accepted to the program, you must pass the CBEST and CSET before September 1, 2018. A passing score is not required for application submission.
- CBEST (California Basic Educational Skills Test) Score Report
All applicants to TEP must take the CBEST. You must have either taken the exam and provide your score report, OR show proof of registration for the CBEST exam with a confirmed test date on or before January 6, 2018. Please upload a copy of score report or proof of registration. The December 9, 2017 test date is latest exam date if taking paper-based testing.
- CSET (California Subject Examinations for Teachers) Score Report
All applicants to TEP must take all sections of the CSET. You must have either taken the exam and provide your score report, OR show proof of registration for the CSET exam with a confirmed test date on or before January 6, 2018. Please upload a copy of score report or proof of registration.
- All exams are required to be taken by test deadline of January 6, 2018 in order for application to be considered complete. If your test date for the CBEST and/or CSET is January 7 or later, you will only be considered for the Wait List. There are NO exceptions to this policy.
- Single Subject Matter Preparation Program Letter: In lieu of the Single Subject CSET, you may submit a subject matter waiver letter from an approved credential analyst indicating 100% completion of subject area.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION REGARDING EXAMS
These exams are required to be a teacher in the state of California. They must all be passed by September 1, 2018.
In order to apply: applicants must have taken the CBEST and all subtests of their single-subject matter or multiple-subject matter on or before January 6, 2018. Applicants who have already passed all sections of the CSET are given greater consideration. However, a passing score is NOT required for application submission.
REMINDER: UPLOAD A COPY OF YOUR SCORE REPORT FOR CBEST AND CSET AND/OR YOUR PROOF OF REGISTRATION IN THE SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS SECTION OF APPLICATION.
Math & Science for Undergraduates
Applying to the Joint Mathematics Education Program (JMEP) &
Science Teacher Education Program (STEP)
The application process is outlined by the Mathematics and Science Departments. Please see the Joint Mathematics Education Program and the Science Teacher Education Program pages for full application materials.
- Science Teacher Education Program
Application deadline: December 1, 2017
- Joint Mathematics Education Program
Application deadline: April 2018
Please contact Frank Heuser () to learn more about the application for the Joint Music Education Program.