Applying to the Two Year Credential & Masters Program
Teacher Education Program (TEP) Application Checklist
Please download and follow the instructions in this document, which will guide you through the specific steps of the application process.
When to Apply
The application filing period is open from Fall until the Application Deadline in early January.
The filing period for 2014-15 is open; applications must be submitted by Monday, January 6, 2014.
In order for your Teacher Education Program admission file to be complete, it must contain the following graduate application and supporting documents by the required deadline:
- UCLA Application for Graduate Admission 2014-2015 and $80 application fee, submitted online.
- Upload and/or mail these supporting documents. Most documents will be submitted online but some will need to be mailed. The TEP Application Checklist outlines the process of submitting each supporting document.
- Curriculum vitae or Resume (documentation of volunteer and/or work experience)
- Statement of Purpose (Detailed in Application Checklist below)
- Three letters of recommendation - submitted via online access
- *One official transcript from all institutions attended after secondary school
- TEP Scholarship Essay (optional)
- Official score report of TOEFL, if required
- Official CBEST score report
- Official Subject Matter score report(s): CSET – OR –
Official Subject Matter Preparation (“waiver”) program letter with authorized signature - this option available to candidates applying for the secondary emphasis ONLY.
Reporting your test scores for the TOEFL, CBEST, and/or CSET on the Teacher Education Program Application is not sufficient. Official score reports must be submitted. In the absence of official score reports, a copy of the exam registration receipt showing the appropriate test date must accompany your application packet.
All of these items must be submitted directly to the Office of Student Services.*PLEASE MAIL ACADEMIC TRANSCRIPTS TO:UCLA Graduate School of Education & Information Studies
Office of Student Services
Box 951521, 1009 Moore Hall
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1521
Group Interview Requirement
All applicants to the Teacher Education Program must attend a Group Interview as part of the admissions process. Group Interviews will be held in Moore Hall on the UCLA campus.
Out-of-state/country applicants ONLY: If you are residing outside of the state of California and/or the United States from September 1, 2013 - January 11, 2014, you MUST coordinate an online interview with TEP via SKYPE.
1. Select “Video Submission” under interview section in online application
2. Email email@example.com and in subject line, type: TEP SKYPE INTERVIEW. Email must be sent by deadline of application, January 6, 2014
In your email, please include:
- Current location (e.g., New York; Tokyo)
- Subject Matter to which applying (e.g., English, Multiple Subjects)
- Skype Contact Name/Information
3. Interviews will take place on January 11 or 25, 2014
4. You will be contacted during the week of January 6 to set up a date and time for an interview via Skype.