History-Geography Project Overview
The UCLA History-Geography Project is one of the sites of the California History Social Science Project. We collaborate with educational researchers, historians and practitioners to design and lead professional development programs that enrich K-12 history-social studies instruction. We support the learning of educators by:
- Integrating research and practice with a focus on discipline-specific approaches to literacy instruction.
- Creating curriculum that links students’
experiences to new content and to Common Core skills.
- Emphasizing rigor, relevance, and access for all students particularly English Learners and struggling readers.
Summer 2016We are offering three new programs this summer, and one oldie but goodie. For more information and to register, click here
- Teaching Ethnic Studies: A Community History Approach
- Places and Time: L.A. History and Geography
Globalizing the Common Core Lessons
Free lessons for 7th grade teachers on medieval China and Japan. These lessons were developed in partnership with teachers, graduates students, and the UCLA Asia Institute. They are inquiry based and classroom tested.
For more information, click here.