- This event has passed.
Cognitive CoachingSM Foundations
April 1, 2020 8:00 am - 3:00 pm
Are you a mentor, teacher, coordinator or leader wanting to support others to be effective, mindful practitioners?
Learn a research-based model of support that enhances an educator’s cognitive processes, toward thoughtful decision-making and self-directed action.
Become a Cognitive Coach!
UCLA Center X Cognitive CoachingSM Trainers will lead participants through the eight-day Foundations where participants learn how to:
- build trust by developing physical and verbal rapport
- utilize three mediative maps for planning, reflecting and problem resolving
- develop teachers’ autonomy and sense of community
- distinguish four support functions: coaching, evaluating, consulting, collaborating
- practice coaching interactions to differentiate for individual needs
- utilize the coaching toolkit of pause, paraphrase, and pose a question
- apply coaching skills that enhance the intellectual processes of instruction
- distinguish between the five forms of feedback