Center X Common Core Institute
Center X held a Common Core Institute in the summer of 2013.
The UCLA Center X Common Core Institute will provide participants with the opportunity to explore, analyze and dialogue
around planning and implementing the Common Core State Standards in K-12 classrooms. In this institute, led by UCLA
Center X Subject Matter Projects and their teacher leaders, participants will "go deep" into the standards in preparation for
Common Core implementation.
Teachers, administrators, and out-of-the-classroom specialists and/or coaches are welcome!
The UCLA Center X Common Core Institute will include:
- Lower and upper elementary multi-discipline literacy strands
- Content (including World Languages, Arts, and Physical Education) and interdisciplinary
secondary sessions with a focus on disciplinary literacy
- Optional end-of-day planning sessions for grade-alike, subject-alike, or school teams
Outcomes from this institute include:
- Dialogue and strategies for implementation
- Deeper understanding of Common Core instructional shifts
- Strategies to promote equity and access with the Common Core State Standards
- Knowledge and exploration of performance assessments
- Collaborative work groups in content and/or grade-alike groups
Dates: Monday, June 24 - Wednesday, June 26, 2013 8:30-3:00
Agenda: Click here to download
Elementary & Secondary agendas are included.
Registration and a light breakfast will be served from 8:30-9:00 with sessions starting at 9:00.
Lunch will also be provided. Optional planning/collaboration time will be available on all three days from 3:00-4:00.
Cost: $350.00 per person for all three days
Palms Middle School
10860 Woodbine St. Los Angeles, CA 90034
Near the intersection of the 405 and 10 freeways
In addition, we will be hosting on Monday, June 24th, an "Evening at UCLA" optional event.
The event will include:
- Information on preparing your students to be college-ready for a UC campus
- A campus tour of UCLA
- An evening lecture
Please contact Beth Happel at email@example.com or 310-206-2969.
The Center X Common Core Institute is brought to you by the California Reading & Literature Project, UCLA History-Geography Project, UCLA Mathematics Project,
UCLA Science Project, UCLA Writing Project and the Center X Professional Learning Partners.
Registration for the Common Core Institute is closed.
If you have questions, please contact Beth Happel at firstname.lastname@example.org