Professional Development Portfolio
The CRLP focuses on student achievement and grounds all professional development activities in student work and student outcomes based on research in order to inform teacher practice and assess teacher leadership. CRLP believes in providing teachers with opportunities to engage in and learn from the practice of the discipline (reading and literature). CRLP supports the development and promotion of teacher leadership in many forms and through various channels.
CRLP Statewide Signature Programs
These programs were developed by collaboration between university researchers and classroom practitioners. They are piloted and refined in real classrooms by teacher leaders who in turn offer their experience and expertise to other teachers statewide to disseminate the research and practice inherent in these programs.
- CALL: Content Area Language and Literacy for Academic Success: Supporting the Common Core in Middle and High School
- RALLI: Results Academic Language and Literacy Instruction K-5: Supporting Implementation of the Common Core Standards
- RESULTS Word Recognition, Spelling and Fluency K-5
- K-6 Focused Approach to Frontloading (FA)
- ADEPT: A Developmental English Proficiency Test
- Pre-K and Early Childhood Institute
- SBET: Spanish-English Biliteracy Transfer
Customized Professional Development
CRLP will design professional development to meet school or district needs. Content is grounded in current research and in line with NCLB guidelines for developing highly qualified teachers.We offer workshops or institutes for teachers on reading instruction; comprehension; academic language; meeting the needs of English learners; academic vocabulary development, CAHSEE preparation and other topics of interest to teachers and schools. We also offer technical assistance in implementing frontloading instruction or Results assessments and instruction.
- Partnership with Paramount High School, 100 Black Men of Long Beach, Los Angeles County Office of Education
- School Based Teacher Support
- Summer Literacy Academy K-5, 6-12
Institutes, Workshops, Book Clubs
The CRLP at UCLA offers various opportunities for educators to enhance their content knowledge and teaching practices. All interested educators can join our book club, participate in leadership events, attend the Chancellor’s conference and individual workshops offered at UCLA or in the Greater Los Angeles Area.
- Summer Institutes
- Leadership Development
- In person and online Book Club
Follow this link to read full descriptions of each CRLP Program.