LEADE Initiative Resources
- What Is Civic Learning?
- Summary of Research on the Impact of Civic Learning_LEADE
- Equity & Access in Civic Learning-LEADE Initiative
- The LEADE Initiative Project Summary
LEADE has developed both survey instruments and interview protocols that are tailored to meet the needs of particular school districts. If your school or district might be interested in using these measures please contact Erica Hodgin, Program Director.
School Board Resolutions & District Resources
- Los Angeles Unified School Board Resolution
- Oakland Unified School Board Resolution
- Ready to Engage: Preparing the Next Generation to Participate in Civic and Community Life (an implementation plan developed by Chicago Public Schools’ Department for Social Science and Civic Engagement)
- Chicago Public Schools SEF Civic Life Guidebook 2018 (a tool schools use to assess themselves on their implementation of student voice, engagement, and civic life)
California State Seal of Civic Engagement
- State Seal of Civic Engagement – information about the Seal criteria and guidance from the CA Department of Education
- The California Department of Education’s Resources to Support Civic Engagement
- Seal of Civic Engagement Road Map for School Districts — Coming Soon!
- Research Brief for the Seal of Civic Engagement — Coming Soon!
Civic Learning Resources
Educating for Democracy Deep Dive by the Teaching Channel and the Civic Engagement Research Group