– Dr. Davis
Principal at Baldwin Hills Elementary School
RECIPROCAL LEARNING PARTNERSHIPS FOR EQUITY
“As a leader, co-constructing equity actions with teachers produced more accountability on all our parts to make changes in our school.”
– Dr. Davis
Reciprocal Learning Partnerships for Equity is a coaching framework that purposefully creates space for equity to be the lens for participants to think about teaching, learning and leading.
The Reciprocal Learning Partnerships for Equity is a coaching framework that supports and empowers educators to explicitly identify inequitable practices in classrooms and schools and to take action that will lead to improved student outcomes. Centering the classroom as the place to leverage change, this framework builds teachers’ and school leaders’ capacity to critically reflect in partnerships; to hold equity-focused conversations; and to co-construct actions to intentionally disrupt inequity.
UCLA Center X Reciprocal Learning Partnerships for EquitySM Facilitators will lead participants through the three-day foundational training where participants learn how to:
- build relational trust and supportive coaching partnerships for open and authentic communication
- explore identity and positionality and their impact on instructional practice
- engage in participatory inquiry to identify inequity
- utilize techniques of critical reflection to explore assumptions and biases that unconsciously shape our instructional decisions
- exchange ideas and knowledge through reciprocal dialogue
- co-construct, in partnership, equity actions that contribute to improved outcomes for students
"Learning how our identities factor into our decision-making around teaching was invaluable.”
– LAUSD Teacher