California Reading and Literature Project (CRLP)
The California Reading and Literature Project (CRLP) is one of the California Subject Matter Projects (CSMP), a statewide professional development network comprised of the nine disciplines required for graduation from high school and university admission. CRLP is housed under Center X within the UCLA's Graduate School of Education and Information Studies (GSE&IS). The CRLP goal is to design programs that identify, develop and provide effective instruction in English Language Arts for all students, with a particular focus on English Learners and developing readers.
The Open Door Series:
Spanish Dual Immersion and the California Common Core Conference
Saturday, April 18, 2015
UCLA Moore Hall 8am - 1pm
Registration is closed since we have reached capacity for this conference.
This conference is envisioned as a space to address bilingualism in our schools and communities. We would like to gather teachers, administrators, and school officials from all over the state to promote interactive discussions and dialogues about the effects, challenges, and consequences of raising and teaching bilingual children. With the implementation of Common Core and Global Competencies, the number of bilingual children and dual-immersion schools has been on a steady incline. The goal of the conference is to have current biliteracy teachers share their knowledge, questions and concerns about implementing the Common Core in two-way Spanish programs. We welcome current classroom teachers to share their knowledge in small breakout sessions.
KEYNOTE SPEAKER: DR. THELMA MELENDEZ DE SANTA ANA
- Developing Biliteracy through Writing, Grades K-8
- Using Spanish Mentor Texts to Guide Instruction and Student Learning, Grades 3-5
- Dual Language Teaching in a Digital 21st Century Environment, Grades K-8
- Growing a Dual Immersion in the era of Common Core, Grades K-5
- DOK and Shared Reading: Promoting Comprehension and Conversation in the Bilingual Classroom! Grades 1-3
- Supporting Academic Language and Literacy in the Dual Immersion Classroom, Grades K-8
Please email Gabby Robles at email@example.com if you have any questions.