AP Readiness Registration
The Registration Process for the 2015-2016 AP Readiness Program.
AP Readiness is free for all LAUSD high schools (excluding LAUSD Independent Charters). You must register online in order to attend.
NOTE: If you are not a student or teacher of LAUSD there is a fee to attend AP Readiness. If interested in attending the AP Readiness Program, please contact us at email@example.com or (310) 825-1324.
Registration for the 2015-2016 school year is available by clicking on the link below:
By Email or US Mail
1320 Moore Hall, Box 951521
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1521
As an AP or AP potential student in science or math, you are invited to attend the AP Readiness Program in AP Biology, AP Calculus, AP Chemistry, AP Computer Science, AP Environmental Science, AP Physics, AP Statistics, AP English Language and AP English Literature at UCLA. These special sessions on specific AP courses will be held on the UCLA campus on Saturdays from 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM once a month from September through April.
You can only participate in one AP Readiness subject matter. If you are taking multiple AP classes, you must choose one to focus on for this program. Thanks!
In order to maximize your learning opportunities, we request that your AP instructor attend with you. The AP Readiness Program is not designed to take the place of quality Advanced Placement instruction in your school, but to supplement and enhance what is already being taught.
Students who are eligible to participate must:
- Be enrolled in the appropriate AP or honors course in the fall
- Get approval from a parent or guardian to attend UCLA
- Be willing to come on Saturdays and study for 4 hours
- Furnish your own supplies including a calculator, notebook, and pencil
- Have one teacher attend for every ten students
The AP Readiness Sessions are held monthly on a Saturday from 9:00 AM to 2 PM (teachers remain an extra hour for a reflective meeting and networking opportunities) at UCLA from September through April.
The dates for 2015-2016 are:
- September 19, October 17, November 14, and December 12, 2015.
- January 30, February 27, April 2, and April 23, 2016.
If you would like to be considered for the program, please contact James Keipp at (310) 825-1324 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The AP Readiness Program is designed to train science, math and computer science teachers in AP instruction while preparing students for AP courses. Observing and networking with master instructors and fellow teachers, educators will build a strong conceptual foundation that will allow them to excel in the instruction of Advanced Placement courses. These special sessions on specific AP courses will be held on the UCLA campus on Saturdays from 9 AM to 1 PM. The AP Readiness Program is not designed to take the place of quality Advanced Placement instruction in your school, but to supplement and enhance what is already being taught.
AP Readiness classes will be offered in Biology, Calculus, Chemistry, Computer Science, Environmental Science, Physics and Statistics.
Teachers applying for this program must agree to:
- Attend at least four of the Saturday Readiness sessions with their students.
- Work with the master teacher during the Saturday session.
- Attend the pre- or post- teachers’ meetings.
- Must arrange for adult supervision for their students taking the bus.
- Return completed application and media forms
Teachers who complete these requirements will receive a stipend.
AP Readiness sessions are scheduled monthly on Saturdays from 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM at UCLA.
The dates for 2014-2015 are:
- September 27, October 18, November 15, and December 6, 2014.
- January 31, February 28, March 21, and April 18, 2015.
If you would like to be considered for the program, please contact James Keipp at (310) 825-1324.