As an AP or AP potential student, you are invited to attend the AP Readiness STEM Program and/or AP Readiness HUMANITIES Program. You are welcome to register for BOTH STEM & HUMANITIES if you choose. These special sessions on specific AP courses will be held on on Saturdays from 8:30 AM to 1:00 PM once a month from September through April.
You can only participate in one AP Readiness STEM subject and/or one AP Readiness HUMANITIES subject. If you are taking multiple AP classes, you must choose one STEM and/or one HUMANITIES to focus on for this program. You are welcome to attend both STEM & HUMANITIES.
The AP Readiness Program is not designed to take the place of quality Advanced Placement instruction in your school, but to supplement and enhance what is already being taught.
Students who are eligible to participate must:
- Be enrolled in the appropriate AP or honors course in the fall
- Get approval from a parent or guardian to attend UCLA Virtual Platform & follow all the rules and conditions of the AP Readiness Program, LAUSD or Compton USD.
- Be willing to attend Virtually on Saturdays and study for 4 hours
- Furnish your own supplies & technical equipment.
The AP Readiness Sessions are held monthly on a Saturday from 8:30 AM to 1 PM from September through April.
For Teachers & Educators
The AP Readiness Program is designed to train teachers in AP instruction while preparing students for AP courses. Observing and networking with master instructors and fellow teachers, educators will build a strong conceptual foundation that will allow them to excel in the instruction of Advanced Placement courses. These special sessions on specific AP courses will be held on Saturdays from 8:30 AM to 1:30 PM (Educator only reflection meeting held from 1:00-1:30 pm). The AP Readiness Program is not designed to take the place of quality Advanced Placement instruction in your school, but to supplement and enhance what is already being taught.
AP Readiness classes will be offered in Math, Science, Computer Science, English, Social Studies & Spanish.
Educators wishing to attend the AP Readiness program must agree to:
- Work with the master teacher during the Saturday session. Selected Teacher will be asked to help facilitate the Virtual Classroom with the Master Instructor and may be asked to host Breakout Rooms for small discussion, question & answer sessions or practice problems. These teachers will receive a stipend at a slightly higher rate than those attending educators that do not perform these responsibilities.
- Attend the pre- or post- teachers’ meetings when requested.
- Arrange for adult supervision for their students attending the Virtual program.
- Return completed application and media forms
Teachers who complete these requirements will receive a stipend for each session they attend.
AP Readiness sessions are scheduled monthly on Saturdays from 8:30 AM to 1:30 PM (Educator only reflection meeting held from 1:00-1:30 pm) .