Applying to the Two Year Credential & Masters Program
Applying to the Two Year & IMPACT
Credential & Masters ProgramS
teach. transform. inspire.
Applications for the 2015-2016 admission year are closed.
The application filing period for the 2016-2017 admission year will open in Fall 2015 and will close December 1, 2015. Please see below for details regarding the application.
Teacher Education Program (TEP) Application Checklist
Please download and follow the instructions in this document, which will guide you through the specific steps of the application process.
When to Apply
The application filing period is open from Fall until the Application Deadline in early January.
The filing period for the 2015-2016 admission year is closed. The application filing period for the 2016-2017 admission year will open in Fall 2015 and will close December 1, 2015.
In order for your Teacher Education Program admission file to be complete, it must contain the following graduate application and supporting documents by the required deadline:
- UCLA Application for Graduate Admission 2015-2016 submitted online. The fee for U.S citizens and Permanent Residents is $90.
- Upload and/or mail these supporting documents. Most documents will be submitted online but some will need to be mailed. The TEP Application Checklist outlines the process of submitting each supporting document.
- Curriculum vitae or Resume (documentation of volunteer and/or work experience)
- Statement of Purpose (Detailed in Application Checklist below)
- Three letters of recommendation - submitted via online access
- *One official transcript from all institutions attended after secondary school
- TEP Scholarship Essay (optional)
- Official score report of TOEFL, if required
- Official CBEST score report
- Official Subject Matter score report(s): CSET – OR –
Official Subject Matter Preparation (“waiver”) program letter with authorized signature - this option available to candidates applying for the secondary emphasis ONLY.
Reporting your test scores for the TOEFL, CBEST, and/or CSET on the Teacher Education Program Application is not sufficient. Official score reports must be submitted. In the absence of official score reports, a copy of the exam registration receipt showing the appropriate test date must accompany your application packet.
All of these items must be submitted directly to the Office of Student Services.*PLEASE MAIL ACADEMIC TRANSCRIPTS TO:UCLA Graduate School of Education & Information Studies
Office of Student Services
Box 951521, 1009 Moore Hall
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1521
Group Interview Requirement
All applicants to the Teacher Education Program must attend a Group Interview as part of the admissions process. Group Interviews will be held in Moore Hall on the UCLA campus.
Out-of-state/country applicants ONLY: If you are residing outside of the state of California and/or the United States from September 1, 2014 - January 10, 2015, you MUST coordinate an online interview with TEP via SKYPE.
1. Select “Skype Interview/Video Submission” under interview section in online application
2. Email firstname.lastname@example.org and in subject line, type: TEP SKYPE INTERVIEW. Email must be sent by deadline of application, January 5, 2015
In your email, please include:
- Current location (e.g., New York; Tokyo)
- Subject Matter to which applying (e.g., English, Multiple Subjects)
- Skype Contact Name/Information
3. Interviews will take place on January 10th or January 24th, 2015
4. You will be contacted during the week of January 5 to set up a date and time for an interview via Skype, or informed to submit a video
Candidates Applying to a Secondary Content Area (English, Math, Science or Social Studies)
Applicants who do not hold a bachelor's degree in the content area they wish to pursue will be required to take two content electives. These courses must be upper division courses and can be take during undergraduate study, the summer prior to the start of the program or during the first year of the TEP program.
The Office of Student Services looks forward to assisting you throughout the application process.