- This event has passed.
Virtual Introduction to Design-Based Learning Institute
July 21, 2020 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
July 21 – 24, 2020
Please join us for an interactive, virtual introduction to Design-Based Learning. This institute is for teachers and specialists who are interested in learning introductory techniques to incorporate this engaging methodology in TK-12 classrooms.
During the four day workshop you will:
- Experience hands-on Design Challenges that promote student creativity and critical thinking skills
- Learn how to incorporate Design-Based Learning into a virtual, in-person, or hybrid classroom setting
- Develop standards-aligned Guided Lessons connected to Design Challenges
- Identify ways to increase meaningful communication and collaboration among students
- Begin to develop a detailed, interdisciplinary curriculum to deliver content in your specific grade level and/or subject area
- Learn strategies to increase student engagement and classroom community