- This event has passed.
Principal Leadership Institute Information Session
October 7, 2015 11:00 am - 1:00 pm
Information session for individuals interested in applying to the Principal Leadership Institute for the 2016-17 academic year.
UCLA’s Principal Leadership Institute program (PLI) prepares educators to be social justice leaders in Los Angeles schools who:
- Advocate for quality learning opportunities;
- Improve teaching and learning;
- Promote educational achievement for all students;
- Create democratic and culturally-responsive learning environments;
- Build partnerships with parents and community groups.
PLI offers a tier-one administrative credential and a master’s degree in education.
UCLA Principal Leadership Institute (PLI)
Through a 15-month program, PLI’s graduates become instructional leaders who understand what conditions are needed to promote rigorous, high quality learning. They become adult educators who support the development of teachers and staff, and they become community leaders who have the knowledge and commitment to forge partnerships with parents, grassroots community groups, civic leaders, and organized labor.
PLI runs from Summer 2016 through Summer 2017.
Students attend classes at UCLA while continuing to work with their schools and communities. Through coursework, students engage theory and recent research. Through field work in schools and communities, students grapple with critical questions of practice facing social justice educators.
Alumni Speak About the PLI Experience
We encourage applications from educators with:
- Five or more years experience as a classroom teacher;
- Experience working for educational justice with teachers;
- Experience working for change alongside parents and community groups;
- A commitment to Los Angeles youth and communities.
Application deadline: February 1, 2016