PLI Statement of Purpose Workshop
January 26, 2019 9:00 am - 11:00 am
Saturday, January 26, 2019 9-11am
Want help drafting your Statement of Purpose for the PLI application?
Please come to this workshop to work on your essay for your application.
UCLA’s Principal Leadership Institute program (PLI) prepares educators to be social justice leaders in Los Angeles schools who:
- Advocate for quality learning opportunities;
- Improve teaching and learning;
- Promote educational achievement for all students;
- Create democratic and culturally-responsive learning environments;
- Build partnerships with parents and community groups.
Through a 15-month program, the Principal Leadership Institute’s graduates become instructional leaders who understand what conditions are needed to promote rigorous, high quality learning. They become adult educators who support the development of teachers and staff, and they become community leaders who have the knowledge and commitment to forge partnerships with parents, grassroots community groups, civic leaders, and organized labor.
The PLI program offers a tier-one administrative credential
and a master’s degree in education.
Students attend classes at UCLA while continuing to work with their schools and communities. Through coursework, students engage theory and recent research. Through field work in schools and communities, students grapple with critical questions of practice facing social justice educators.
The PLI program runs from Summer 2019 through Summer 2020.
Alumni Speak About the PLI Experience
We encourage applications from educators with:
- Five or more years experience as a classroom teacher;
- Experience working for educational justice with teachers;
- Experience working for change alongside parents and community groups;
- A commitment to Los Angeles youth and communities.
Application deadline: February 4, 2019
Parking is available in lot 2, which is about a 5-minute walk.
For questions and to RSVP, please contact
Nataly Birch (310) 267-4905