Culture & Equity Project Summer Institute 2021
June 28 - July 2
June 28 – July 2, 2021
Days 1-3: Reciprocal Learning Partnerships for Equity (RLP)
- RLP is a new equity-centered framework for coaching that focuses on relationships and reciprocity in discourse.
- This framework is grounded in developing relational trust, reciprocity, examining identity and positionality, and constructing equity actions.
- RLP takes an explicit stance on the need to address equity in all coaching conversations and centers a partnership where each person brings equal knowledge and skills to disrupt inequitable practices in classrooms.
Day 4: Culturally Responsive Pedagogy
- Culturally responsive pedagogy is an approach that centers students who are typically marginalized in classrooms.
- Participants will analyze how the dominant gaze is prevalent throughout educational policies and practices and learn how to center all student identities that are non-dominant cultural behaviors, norms, beliefs and languages.
Day 5: Culturally Responsive Social Emotional Learning
- Culturally responsive social emotional learning (SEL) centers marginalized students by affirming their identities and valuing their lived experiences.
- Participants will learn how leveraging these experiences and intentionally teaching them to make decisions that keep themselves and their communities healthy will lead to more positive results when implementing SEL.