- This event has passed.
Culture & Equity Project Summer Institute 2021
June 28 - July 2
June 28 – July 2, 2021
Days 1-3: Reciprocal Learning Partnerships for Equity (RLP)
- RLP is a new equity-centered framework for coaching that focuses on relationships and reciprocity in discourse.
- This framework is grounded in developing relational trust, reciprocity, examining identity and positionality, and constructing equity actions.
- RLP takes an explicit stance on the need to address equity in all coaching conversations and centers a partnership where each person brings equal knowledge and skills to disrupt inequitable practices in classrooms.
Day 4: Culturally Responsive Pedagogy
- Culturally responsive pedagogy is an approach that centers students who are typically marginalized in classrooms.
- Participants will analyze how the dominant gaze is prevalent throughout educational policies and practices and learn how to center all student identities that are non-dominant cultural behaviors, norms, beliefs and languages.
Day 5: Culturally Responsive Social Emotional Learning
- Culturally responsive social emotional learning (SEL) centers marginalized students by affirming their identities and valuing their lived experiences.
- Participants will learn how leveraging these experiences and intentionally teaching them to make decisions that keep themselves and their communities healthy will lead to more positive results when implementing SEL.
Registration is closed since we have reached capacity for this workshop.
All refunds will be charged a 15% administrative fee.
No refunds will be issued five business days prior to the start of the workshop.