How to Apply to the Principal Leadership Institute
Please Note: The application deadline for admission to the 2015-16 PLI program is Sunday, February 1, 2015.
The UCLA Graduate School of Education and Information Studies requires that all PLI applicants meet the following criteria.
- Five years of full-time teaching or personnel service experience preferred.
- Successful undergraduate performance (at least 3.0 g.p.a. in the Jr/Sr years and/or a successful graduate academic history, if applicable)
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores - a verbal score of 500 or more and a quantitative score of 500 or more is preferred
- Well-written, reflective essays
- Strong recommendations (including one from a current supervisor)
- Ability to communicate well in group settings
Preliminary Administrative Services Credential
To be admitted to PLI, applicants must also meet the Commission on Teacher Credentialing's conditions which apply to the Tier I Credential (the Preliminary Administrative Services Credential).
Applicants for the Tier I Credential must:
- Possess a valid California teaching or services credential including a Multiple or Single Subject Teaching Credential, a Designated Subjects Teaching Credential (provided the applicant possesses a bachelor's degree), a Pupil Personnel Services Credential, a Health Services Credential, or a Clinical Rehabilitative Services Credential
- Have a minimum five years of successful, full-time experience in the public schools or private schools of equivalent status when they begin PLI
- Pass the California Basic Educational Skills Test (CBEST)
- Complete a program of specialized and professional preparation in administrative services from an approved university, PLI in this case
Here is the PLI Application Checklist that will help you with the application process.